Wednesday, April 6, 2011

3mm ACW Gettysburg Day One


Gettysburg Day One Scenario for Volley & Bayonet 1/2 Scale.



The Initial setup of the board

.


Bufford's cavalry wait on the rebels to appear.



General Lee's army waiting to come on the board.



The figures used for this are Oddzial Osmy 3mm ACW available from PicoArmor in the USA http://www.picoarmor.com/ The terrain is made from GHQ TerrainMaker Hexes and 2 terrain boards making a 3 x 4 foot playing area http://www.ghqmodels.com/. The buildings are monopoly buildings available from PicoArmor and the trees are from K&M trees and the hills were scratch cut out from sheet foam. The unit bases are all from Litkoaero http://www.litkoaero.com/.



Next comes turn one the 8am turn and start of the battle.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog, I have my own gaming blog as well, saw you on the v&b yahoo group

    I do 6mm half scale, I have some articles on my gaming blog as well

    do you have pictures that a person can zoom in on, looks like a blast.

    are you doing a full AAR report? I hope you keep us posted on the group.

    feel free to checkout my blog too, www.fungamesroom.com

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I am NEW like baby new, maybe even fetus new... to gaming. I am interested in putting together a set for Gettysburg battles from Pico Armor. Can you tell me what items I need (and how many). Like horse teams, infantry, cavalry. I seriously have no clue. I want to get everything, paint it while I'm learning to do this. Will probably start with re-enactments first. Wanted something that will fit a coffee table so I decided to go with 3mm. Any thoughts? I know its a lot to ask, but I see no where to get this info. IE 16k men died on Culpers Hill, so I know I am not going to buy 16k infantry... any help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete